Wednesday, December 6, 2017

You Are Worthy

Last Sunday we sang a new song (to me, not to the church) that I woke up with it in my mind this morning. Do you ever do that? Wake up with a song or a verse of Scripture on your mind and you can’t get away from it?
I like it when it is something I can use throughout the day to praise my Lord. It is far better than waking up with something that is troubling, or that you are worrying about.
Because of Him we can just shuffle the troubles or worries off to Him because He cares for us, right? Remember 1 Peter 5:7, “Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.” So, if troubles or worries show up, remember this.
Now, back to that song. Here are the lyrics, I could only remember the chorus and that continues to occupy my mind this morning. Even if you don’t know the tune, some of you will, the words will bless you. Use them today just to praise His glorious Name, for He is worthy.
Verse 1
Worthy of worship worthy of praise
Worthy of honor and glory
Worthy of all the glad songs we can sing
Worthy of all of the off'rings we bring

Chorus
You are worthy Father Creator
You are worthy Savior Sustainer
You are worthy worthy and wonderful
Worthy of worship and praise

Verse 2
Worthy of rev'rence worthy of fear
Worthy of love and devotion
Worthy of bowing and bending of knees
Worthy of all this and added to these

Verse 3
Almighty Father Master and Lord
King of all kings and Redeemer
Wonderful Counselor Comforter Friend
Savior and Source of our life without end

--Terry W. York

No comments:

Post a Comment